Bakery Quality White Cake with Buttercream Frosting





This recipe is awesome!. I read all of the reviews and was concerned about how this would turn out. So, I would have felt bad if this didn't turn out well. But, I noticed that many others had success and I thought surely I could use their suggestions. I wrote out all of the suggested adjustments to this recipe and did those, and it tastes...well, heavenly! If you don't want to go through all the reviews, here's the adjustments... Use 1&1/2 cups of milk instead of just one. Wait till the other ingredients are mixed before you make your meringue, and then fold it in rather than beat it. I also made a few other adjustments to make mine low fat. I used skim milk, and light butter with canola. I made 24 cupcakes and they are wonderful! Note that the batter seems thin, but it makes up moist wonderful cupcakes. Also, do make sure to notice that you are suppose to sift the flour first, then measure and add baking powder and salt, then sift all together three times. I'm wondering if some of the other reviewers didn't notice that you were suppose to sift the flour before you even measure it out to add the baking powder and salt. It could have been the difference. I hope you decide to make this recipe!

Get the recipe here >> Bakery Quality White Cake with Buttercream Frosting @ carissashaw.com